Conceal Blemishes and Reveal a Beautiful Smile with Porcelain Veneers
As a dentist dedicated to the satisfaction of his patients, Dr. Nathanial Podilsky works hard to give patients the smile they desire, one that is healthy and attractive. Creating a smile that is beautiful and free of blemishes may require a series of cosmetic procedures that each address unique areas of patient concern. However, for some patients, cosmetic blemishes may best be addressed with porcelain veneers treatment. For those of our Edmonton patients who are porcelain veneer candidates, these dental restorations can conceal a full range of cosmetic imperfections in order to create a smile full of bright, white, even teeth.
Porcelain veneers offer the option of a smile design to patients who are dissatisfied with the appearance of their smile due to cosmetic blemishes and imperfections. Unlike many other cosmetic treatments that can only address a single area of concern, porcelain veneers can be placed over the surface of the teeth to conceal a full range of aesthetic flaws. Porcelain veneers can be beneficial to patients with any combination of the following conditions:
- Tooth stains (on either the inner or outer layers of the teeth) and discoloration
- Teeth that are uneven in shape or size
- Minor cracks or chips on a tooth or multiple teeth
- Uneven spacing between the teeth, including large gaps between the teeth
- Minor orthodontic problems or a relapse of alignment problems following orthodontic treatment
While all of these problems can be addressed through porcelain veneers treatment, not all patients with these conditions are ideal candidates for this procedure. In order to ensure the success of treatment and the ultimate satisfaction of the patient, porcelain veneers treatment is only recommended for patients who meet the following criteria:
- Patients must be in overall good oral health. In order for treatment to be successful, patients should be free of tooth decay, infection, and gum disease. If any of these conditions are present, they must be treated before porcelain veneers treatment can be considered.
- Patients should be free of, or prepared to eliminate, habits that may cause undue damage to veneers, such as nail biting, teeth grinding, and clenching.
- Patients should have realistic expectations and be prepared for the time that it will take to physically and emotionally adjust to their new smile.
- Patients should carefully consider all alternate treatment options (such as orthodontic treatment, teeth whitening, and dental bonding) and believe that porcelain veneers is the most appropriate treatment option. Because of the minimal amount of tooth enamel that will be removed during treatment, porcelain veneers treatment is irreversible, making it very important that patients are committed to the procedure.
- Patients must be committed to caring for their teeth and porcelain veneers with regular brushing, flossing, and dental examinations and cleanings. This will preserve the beauty of the veneers and extend the life of the restorations.
Schedule an Appointment
If you would like to improve the appearance of your smile, Dr. Nathaniel Podilsky is happy to discuss porcelain veneers and the array of additional cosmetic dental procedures available at our office. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Podilsky at your earliest convenience to begin designing your ideal smile.